It is never fun to think about getting a flat tire, much less actually experience one on the road. But this is something that could happen to any driver, anywhere, at any time, so it pays to be vigilant and knowledgeable. Not only should you always have a spare tire with you, but you also need to have the right tools to safely change it out. Our staff at Van Horn Ford of Oconomowoc is here to ensure you have the information you need to change your flat tire successfully and safely.
Once a flat tire happens, it is important that you are able to pull over on the side of the road into a safe zone where you have ample room to work.
- Gather the spare tire, tire iron, and jack
- Loosen the wheel lugs on the flat tire
- Jack up the vehicle and remove wheel lugs
- Next, remove the flat tire completely
- Align the spare tire with the wheel studs
- Place the wheel lugs back on and tighten them with your hand
- Lower the vehicle back to the ground
- Tighten the wheel lugs with the tire iron
Once you’re all set, head to the Ford service center here at Van Horn Ford of Oconomowoc at 1000 E. Summit Avenue in Oconomowoc, WI. We’ll determine the cause of the flat and provide a solution—either repair the flat or outfit your vehicle with a new tire. We host an onsite tire center well-equipped with numerous tire types and brands.
For further assistance, feel free to call our service team at your earliest convenience at (888) 903-0678. We lo